To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montvale, NJ 07645
- Benjamin Moore & Co.
- Phone: 201 949 6541
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager of Color Innovation and Technology
Benjamin Moore & Co • Montvale, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Senior Manager of Color Innovation & Technology leads the discovery and proof of concept of new color related capabilities for all customer segments. These capabilities include color visualization, selection, communication and management. In addition, it is critical to gather data in support of analysis and decision making. To successfully deploy new color technology it is essential to develop and communicate the business case for these capabilities with relevant stakeholders and decision makers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Color Innovation & Design Team, R&D Color Technology Team, Digital Marketing Team, Information Technology Teams, End User Groups, Sales Team and the Retail Services Team, as well as other stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and develop plans for successful deployment of needed color-related technology. (40%)
- Study market needs and identify new technology related to color selection, identification and communication and vet viable partners to support future development. (10%)
- Develop business cases including financial models to create revenue and data acquisition to support better customer service and strategy development. (10%)
- Develop a technology roadmap to identify color innovation needs and gaps. Update the roadmap as new technologies and needs are identified. (10%)
- Seek to make Benjamin Moore the best in market through innovation and operational excellence. Measure results and develop plans for continuous improvement. (10%)
- Lead or participate in one or more cross-functional teams to advance goals and objectives. (10%)
- Develop and deliver clear, persuasive presentations in support of needed technology, practices and business models for management consideration. (10%)
Required Experience & Desired Skills
- Ability to develop clear strategies and tactics and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to lead multiple product investigations and manage expectations of internal and external customers.
- BS Imaging / Color Science or equivalent experience ( Master's Preferred)
- Ability to create and manage budgets
- Ability to plan product development and help manage strategic technology portfolio
- Ability to organize multiple projects and teams, deadlines, and priorities
- Understanding of the integration of software including apps for mobile devices and smart phones
- Knowledge of color science (color difference equations, color space models, color specification systems) and understanding of human color response (color constancy, simultaneous contrast, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of imaging science (print CMYK+, electronic RGB), spectrophotometry (theory and techniques), radiometry (measuring light) as well as strong statistical analysis and data validation skills.
- Paint, colorant or related experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt color theory to practical applications ie: paint, printing, digital color representation.
- Up to 15% travel may be required