To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
State Government Relations Representative
Trinity Industries, Inc. • Dallas, TX
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Trinity Corporate is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of State Government Relations Representative in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, you will facilitate the involvement of Trinity in state government affairs and will report to the Vice President of Public Affairs.
• Assist with the creation and preparation of policies that support organizational goals with regards to state governmental affairs • Monitor state legislative and regulatory activities and assist in developing Trinity’s position and promoting business initiatives • Act as a liaison between state legislative and agency entities, and Trinity • Provide management with regular reports on potential opportunities and track legislation affecting Trinity policies and practices • Serve as the team leader and develop programs for state and local incentives • Responsible for lobbying members of state legislatures and other elected state officials to persuade them to support legislation favorable to Trinity’s business interests • Independently work on state specific projects as it relates to local infrastructure improvements for Trinity businesses • Study proposed state legislation to determine possible impact on Trinity • Ability to lead, effectively work in teams and direct the work of others
• Minimum of five years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty required
• Proven experience with a wide variety of Government Relations concepts, practices, and procedures
• Demonstrated experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Why Join Trinity?
Trinity Industries offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity’s standard company benefits package, which includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and additional retirement contributions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance. Little known fact about Trinity Industries: Once people come to work here, they tend to stay. Trinity is employee-focused and involved in our communities, which is probably why working for Trinity feels more like family than a large corporation. Add in the industry leading industrial products we build, and you can see why our employees are proud to call Trinity home. What legacy will you build?
EEO/Disabled/Veterans. If you are interested in applying for employment with Trinity and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Applicants and employees of Trinity are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.