SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides efficient service and food preparation according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and practices good personal hygiene.
- Prepares food products for restaurant usage according to company standards.
- Follows proper receiving, storage, rotating, and food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the Incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans food preparation surfaces, equipment, and storage areas.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty or Kitchen Manager and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times.
- Must be able to communicate.
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking.
- Repetitive cutting, scooping and slicing motions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Receives direction and training from the Kitchen Manager as to specific procedures and assignments.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training. Ability to manage time effectively.
Outline Of Food Preparation
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: J3L0K96Z161YJD7JYCV
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
It all started with dessert. The legacy of Marie Callender began in the early 1940s in Orange County, California, when Marie, an accomplished baker, first launched her legendary pie business, delivering freshly baked pies to area restaurants. By 1948 with the help of her husband Cal and son Don, they turned this home-based bakery into a bona fide business complete with a wholesale bakery.
Within a few years, Marie was making over 200 pies daily and had acquired a truck and a mixer. The first pie and coffee shop was opened in 1964 in Orange, California, by Marie's son, Don. Other pie shops soon followed and in 1969, the pie shops began serving a full-service restaurant menu with many recipes created by Marie herself.
Today, Marie Callender's operates 139 restaurants and 1 East Side Mario's restaurant in the United States and Mexico, and has more on the way. And while many things have changed, one thing will always remain the same—the quality and care that goes into making each and every one of our legendary pies. And for that, we can all be thankful.