To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livingston, NJ 07039
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Administrative Services Associate
MEDNAX • Livingston, NJ
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Administrative Services Associate performs customer service and administrative tasks including greeting visitors, ensuring proper security protocols are followed and providing direction to incoming visitors. This is a part-time position working up to 19 hours per week.
Effectively performs a variety of administrative and customer service duties.
- On a daily basis, opens the lockbox package and/or accesses OnBase to retrieve files. Prints and creates cover sheets, when applicable. Distributes correspondence and batch files appropriately.
- Looks up correspondence account/encounter numbers when necessary to ensure appropriate distribution. Does “cross-practice” searches when necessary.
- Provides administrative support to A/R Department including copying, filing, faxing, printing, scanning, etc.
- Processes outgoing mail, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Assists with “bad address” workflow, updating systems with alerts, notes, statement groups and/or statement delays as applicable.
- Matches live refund checks from Accounting to refund letters. Verifies correct refund payor and address. Accurately updates account/encounter Notes.
- Schedules conference and training rooms as needed.
- Assists with office and/or break room supplies, stocking shelves and ordering inventory as needed.
- Answers telephones and greets visitors in a professional manner.
- Responsible for various tracking reports and daily processes.
- Maintains daily tracking logs of correspondence, refund requests, bankruptcies, negative remittances, adjustments, etc., as directed by the A/R Manager.
- Manages daily flow of Information Systems back-up tapes to and from the Regional Office, logging shipments and requesting proofs of delivery when needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
- Any patient private health information (PHI) must not be divulged on any account except to payers that need the information in order to process the claim for payment.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties. Represents the corporation in a positive fashion and makes all individuals feel as comfortable as possible. Conducts all business in a professional manner maintaining respect for individuals at all times.
- Embodies the principles of the corporate Mission Statement and Philosophy at all times.
- Performs other job-related duties within the job scope as requested by Management
- Maintains constant awareness of potential safety hazards insuring necessary safety precautions.
- Reads and complies with established departmental and company-wide policies and procedures.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status