To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AEA - Healthcare Economist Lewin Group, Falls Church, VA or Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 20 days ago
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lewin Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Optum - UnitedHealth Group, seeks PhD researchers interested in conducting rigorous empirical research on the most current policy issues surrounding health care reform. We are a national health and human services consulting firm with over 350 professional staff and offices in the DC metro and Minnesota. We work with the Federal government, States, Foundations and private clients to design, implement and evaluate programs that improve the organization, payment and delivery of health care services.
The successful candidate will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and will have the opportunity to conduct policy analyses, evaluate programs using advanced empirical methods, and develop forecasting models for health care utilization and costs. We pride ourselves in creating an exciting, policy focused atmosphere that encourages the use of innovative analytical techniques to solve real-world problems. See our web site for more information on our projects and people: www.lewin.com.
- Design and conduct studies that require advance empirical methods or mixed quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Supervise research staff, ensuring that all projects are conducted with sound analytic methods
- Draft research reports, interpret and present findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Support technical proposal writing
- Serve as a resource to other staff in methodological or health care policy areas
- PhD in Economics or allied field with 0-3 years’ experience post-PhD.
- Will consider Fall 2018 graduates
- Expertise in one of the following areas: applied microeconomics, labor economics, applied econometrics, health policy, program evaluation
- Must be conversant with the policies and institutions that define the US health care system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity
- Ability to explain complex economic and analytic concepts to non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of experience analyzing health care data, especially Medicare, Medicaid and/or commercial claims data or public use data sources such as the American Community Survey, Current Population Survey, and the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey
- Experience in policy analysis
- Experience using advanced analytic or computational methods
*The Lewin Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Optum - UnitedHealth Group. Lewin operates with full editorial independence and corporate firewalls.
To apply, please use the link below to submit your CV, cover letter and job market paper or sample of your research. Respond to our Senior Healthcare Economist posting if you have more than 3 years’ experience post-PhD. Click on Apply Now at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Apply Now at the bottom of the screen
- Click on New User or Log In
- Follow the application process. This includes filling out an application and answering questionnaires. You will upload your resume, cover letter and job market paper in the sixth step of the process.
- Please remember to hit Save and Continue to move through the steps.
- The process will be completed when you hit the Submit button.
For any application questions or issues, please contact Sarah Cole at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 312-348-7058.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Key Words: Economics, PhD, Medicare, Medicaid, healthcare, microeconomics, econometrics, labor, program evaluation