To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Research Analyst Lewin Group Falls Church VA or Eden Prairie MN
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lewin Group is a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 45 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of human services consulting, The Lewin Group provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Currently, Lewin has more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a strong commitment to Lewin's core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision and dedication to client satisfaction.
As a Senior Research Analyst, you will perform a variety of research and analysis tasks to support consulting projects for federal and state governments, health plans, associations and foundations, hospitals, and health systems. This is an excellent opportunity to work with intelligent people on important policy issues in a positive team environment.
- Perform health care and/or health policy focused quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize research findings
- Prepare information for clients, contribute to reports, and assist with project scheduling and coordination tasks
- You must be self-directed and creative, as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues
- As a key resource to others, you must maintain a high degree of accuracy, along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to always meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university (with a target graduation within next 12 months)
- Previous academic and/or work experience performing qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, overseeing day-to-day management of project tasks, and preparing presentations and reports for clients
- Competence with MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Please note: You must upload an unofficial school transcript and writing sample as part of the application process for this position
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Health care or policy experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.