To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Graduate Development Program Engineer
American Sugar Refining, Inc. • Baltimore, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The Graduate Development Program (GDP) is a two (2) year structured learning and development program for select new graduates who are hired into the ASR Group Engineering discipline an Engineering career with ASR Group is a great way to apply what you have learned in the classroom. We offer the experience and opportunity to build a foundation for your career.
ASR Group is looking for entry-level engineers in the following disciplines: Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial and Controls/IT. Entry Level Engineer
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Administration & Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of resources.
- Production & Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Time Management: Having the ability to manage and monitor a large number of projects to completion.
- Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment & Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Communication: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Inductive reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Problem sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Self-starter: Has a strong sense of urgency and is deadline-oriented. The ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Leadership: Strong interpersonal skills, and oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to write clearly and accurately, and strong verbal communication skills are essential.
- Prior related experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS or MS in engineering or Information Technology from an accredited college/university.
- Strong academic record (3.0 GPA or better).
- Various Work Locations – New Orleans, Louisiana; Baltimore, Maryland and Yonkers, New York
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.