To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
924 East Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44306
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Associate / Cashier
Circle K • Akron, OH
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Store Associate is responsible for performing all cashiering, stocking, cleaning, and customer service duties in a manner that will develop good customer relations, build store sales, maximize profits, and protect store assets. The goal is to provide all of our customers with a service level that exceeds their expectations. The Store Associate supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers as they enter the store, be friendly and helpful, provide prompt, courteous service, and thank our customers
- Set an example to other associates for excellent customer service
- Handle customer complaints professionally and respectfully
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe and pleasant shopping environment
- Maintain excellent customer service by cooperating and communicating professionally with other associates
- Complete the computer based training with acceptable scores
- Promote teamwork and cooperation within the store
- Maintain a safe and professional work environment free from any form of harassment including sexual harassment, hostile work environment, and discrimination from any Circle K associate, customer or vendor. Report any infraction immediately
- Are properly dressed in authorized Circle K’s uniform and meet personal appearance requirements
- Attend job-related meetings (may be required to work irregular hours)
- Participate in training new associates
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Efficiently ring up all sales on a cash register properly and accurately, handle money, checks, and other types of payment received for products sold per process/policy
- Accurately make change by counting it back to the customer
- Correct or report unsafe working conditions to the Store Manager, and report any accidents immediately
- Efficiently perform multi-function operation of fuel console, money order machine and lottery machine
- Receive and verify vendor deliveries
- Efficiently operate additional store equipment a required
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits
- Clean and maintain the restrooms
- Complete various other jobs as assigned by the store manager and/or assistant manager
- Follow all food service and food safety processes and procedures
- Follow all age restricted product including alcohol and tobacco selling procedures
- Control merchandise, gasoline and cash shortages to acceptable levels
- Accurately complete daily shift sheet paperwork
- Follow company loss prevention procedures and cash handling polices
- Perform shift audits
This is not an exhaustive list of job duties and functions of this position. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Honest and friendly
- Report to work on time as scheduled
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
- Ability to work alone (some stores have single coverage)
- Work with a minimum direction and periodic supervision.
- At all times work as an effective associate.
- Ability to be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer and outdoors
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels)
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist (i.e., to replenish fountain syrups).
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck)
- Ability to bend and twist at waist
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands for entire shift. (This handwork requires eye- hand coordination, and may require climbing a ladder to store and retrieve materials or place and remove signs).
- Ability to operate a cash register
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and squat
- Able to reach overhead for objects
- Ability to work alone
The physical requirements described herein are essential functions of this job. The Company complies with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities, including providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability so they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so creates undue hardship.
Job duties may change with or without notice