To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Microwave Radio Technician II
Mastec Network Solutions • Sacramento, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MasTec Network Solutions is a Telecommunications Services company that offers wireless network operators a variety of services to narrow the expanse between the expectations of today's wireless services consumer and the ability of the network operator to meet or exceed those expectations. Core areas of MasTec Network Solutions business include Civil/Cellular services, Microwave Engineer/ Network Services, Tower structure services and alternative power solutions. MasTec Network Solutions is currently looking for quality candidates to join our team as we continue to grow.
- 6-18 Months experience.
- No OEM Certifications, some technical aptitude (i.e. LAN Networks, router, switches, power electrical)
- Experience in the installation of unlicensed microwave backhaul radio.
- Ability to troubleshoot unlicensed microwave path.
- Proper installation of microwave communication systems, multiplexing equipment, dc power systems and associated cabling.
- Use of test equipment for in the field test and turn up.
- Migration of customer traffic to newly installed MW systems.
- Testing of MW systems before deployment to the field.
- Diagnosis of path alignment problems and troubleshoot MW systems to the card level
- Conduct site audits for future installs.
- Comply with various customers standards of installation.
- Communicate with the customer about issues, on site changes and recommendations.
- 80% - 100% travel
- Conduct the above task within OSHA regulations and more stringent safety regulations set forth by MasTec Network Solutions.
- Represent MasTec Network Solutions at assigned jobsites or customer locations in a professional and courteous manner. Required Experience Qualifications (Possess skills or have the ability to learn) Not required but a plus...
- Technical or Military Communications training a plus.
- Experience with Alcatel, Aviat (Harris-Stratex), Proxim, and Exalt MW systems a plus.
- Basic understanding of Microwave Theory. (i.e. polarity, path alignment, modulation, bandwidth and power(dBm))
- Use of Power Meter, Frequency Counter, Spectrum Analyzer and Digital Voltmeter.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Job ID: 16197
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.