To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA 94203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Rep.
Skyline Steel • Sacramento, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Representative serves to establish and maintain profitable customer relationships to develop a steady flow of order inquiries in his market. Responsibilities include:
- Manage orders throughout the entire sales cycle. Specific duties include developing inquiries, tracking inquiries to convert inquiries into orders, sourcing material, proposing pricing, arranging transportation, organizing logistics and delivery schedules, supplying details and documentations for timely billing and credit, leading collections activities, resolving claims and managing disputes as needed.
- Achieve goals for sales revenue, sales volume, gross profit, and credit. Manage customer base and orders to create an optimum mix of sales volume, gross profit and market share as determined by the District Manager.
- Travel regularly to interact with customer base and engineering community. Maintain high visibility for Skyline Steel in the marketplace and provide ongoing market intelligence to the District Manager on market conditions and market needs, competitor activity and upcoming projects.
- 5 – 10 years sales experience in construction industry, preferably steel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering, Marketing, Management or related field
- Strong verbal communications skills and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and possibly some experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Available to travel (extensive travel is required
Ideal candidates will have the following qualities and characteristics:
- Able to develop a broad, profitable customer base by building strong, long-term relationships
- Self-starter, highly motivated, strong desire to meet objectives and succeed
- Maturity and a strong business acumen. Knowledge of Purchasing and Selling contracts.
- Professional comportment, engaging presence, strong interpersonal skills
- High energy, outgoing, proactive
- Organized with a sense of urgency, ability and drive to get things done
- Entrepreneurial spirit, able to work independently and relishes a challenge
- Team player who loves to collaborate on solving problems and serving customers
- Flexible and can adapt to new procedures and changes of direction
- Service oriented, by providing timely and detailed responses to various inquiries
- Facility to lean new products & new systems and implement changing procedures
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
Skyline is an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet and provides a drug free workplace.