To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1585 Rice Street
Saint Paul, MN 55117
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Independent Living Skills Coach - Mental Health
ResCare • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Independent Living Skills Coach - Mental Health
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Independent Living Skills Coach - Mental Health. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
About This Career Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Independent Living Skills Coach - Mental Health. In the position, you will play a vital role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their highest level of independence. Not only will you see positive results of your work every day, but you will have an opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Many leaders with ResCare began their careers as Direct Support Professionals.
The Mental Health Direct Care works as part of an intensive residential treatment team that provides care, treatment and rehabilitation for persons served who are experiencing significant mental health/psychiatric symptoms; who are demonstrating significant functional impairments; and who may have co-occurring disorders.
- Provides assistance to person(s) served in order to promote their physical, social, and psychological well-being.
- Interacts frequently and positively with person(s) served and support staff to promote the rights of the person(s) served to achieve an enhanced quality of life.
- Assist Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioners with requested needs.
- Follow agency procedures to promote optimum health care, safety practice and behavioral supports to maintain the well-being of person(s) served.
- Administrative duties (scanning, faxing, organizing)
- Stay awake during shift
- Oversees meal preparation and grocery shoppin
- Transport Client
- Managing food/cleaning budget
- Provide group and individual services for clients
- Teach clients independent living skills
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with various teams.
- Provide the necessary financial management for the day-to-day operations of the program using established practices and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with training licensing regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Medication Administration and monitoring
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Manages the day to day therapeutic environment including the prevention of crisis at the lowest level of escalation.
- Develops and participates in community and in-house recreational and leisure activities.
- Completes all documentation as required to ensure quality services.
- Other duties as assigned
Mental Health Direct Care II Requirements:
- GED or High School Diploma with 6,000 supervised hours in the service delivery of adults with serious mental illness
- Holds a bachelor's degree in one of the behavioral sciences or relate fields from an accredited college or university and has at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults with mental illness
Mental Health Direct Care I:
- GED or High School Diploma with under 6,000 supervised hours in service delivery of adults with serious mental illness
- Holds a bachelor's degree in one of the behavioral sciences or relate fields from an accredited college or university and has less than 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults with mental illness
We have Overnight Shifts available.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1585 Rice Street , St. Paul, MN 55117 USA