To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- El Dorado, KS 67042
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor, Reliability Engineering
HollyFrontier Corporation • El Dorado, KS
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HollyFrontier in El Dorado, Kansas is seeking a Reliability Engineering Supervisor who will oversee departmental requirements specific to Reliability Engineering.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
• Assists in communicating priorities and reporting progress of assignments to the Department Manager
• Maintains detailed account of all project scope and engineering work performed by the group and provides regular updates
• Organizes and communicates engineering support efforts based on equipment monitoring results, and requests by the Department Manager and/or other refinery departments depending on assignment
• Oversees efforts of Engineering to monitor equipment performance and provides technical support for refinery needs as they arise
• Provides engineering support to various Departments, reviews daily unit and/or equipment reports and tracks performance of assigned units and/or this equipment, and communicates observations made via recommendations to the Operations and/or Maintenance Departments.
• Ensures project scope development and supporting engineering meet targeted criteria for Safety Performance, Environmental Compliance, and scope definitions, meeting all required engineering standards as well as accuracy and comprehensiveness of Engineering Designs
• Completes scope development and Engineering within target schedule and provides project startup coverage as required
• Meets all Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements of the As Built project
• Manages team of assigned Engineers in related discipline
• May provide Unit Startup assistance for existing as well as new facilities, and perform economic analysis and fill ROI reports for capital upgrades depending on assignment
• Facilitates or directs Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) efforts for equipment failures, as well as tracking and implementing corrective action plans
• Tracks refinery lost profit opportunity (LPO) and prioritizes department projects and initiatives to minimize LPO.
• Provides turnaround support including pre-turnaround recommendations, post- turnaround establishment of baseline data, inspection, and procedure modification
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of 10 years refining or related experience is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
Ability to lead and direct the work of others – typically individual contributors. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically and to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software. Proven leadership skills in coaching employees and management skills in scheduling, budgeting, and manpower requirements. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and verbal communication. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the supervision of approximately six Engineers who may be in various disciplines including chemical, mechanical, civil, electrical and instrument, and may oversee outside contract engineers depending on assignment.
Office and petroleum refinery based with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors and driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, loud noises, vibrations, fumes or airborne particles and wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft and up to 15 flights of stairs, perceive color differences, wearing personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
• Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
• Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
• Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
• Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
• Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
• Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally inthe Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.