To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Defense Engineer- O&M Specialist
ManTech International Corporation • McLean, VA
Posted 18 days ago
Clearance Level Needed: TS/SCI
We are currently looking to hire an Operations and Maintenance Cyber Specialist supporting a high profile customer in McLean, VA! You will be operating and maintaining and providing Tier 1 support to our nations Cyber Defenses in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment.
What will You Do?
You are the first line responder of the Cyber Defense Infrastructure. Every day will be a new challenge to resolve and a new way to respond that will ensure no day is the same.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support for systems and applications that are inherited from engineering after a system is put into production or operation
• Deployment/installation of sensors and agents on new interfaces/segments
• Tier 1& 2 problem resolution of IDS/IPS/CSOC systems
• Perform and validate system backups of IDS/IPS/CSOC systems
• Maintain sensor performance levels
• Maintain analyst console availability and support for all baselined applications and configurations.
• Ensure integrity of data held in IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems
• Manage accesses to IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems.
• Provide on call support after business hours and on weekends. Typical volume of support is 2-3 calls per week with the majority of calls not requiring a site visit.
• Ensure all IDS/IPS/CSOC capabilities are kept current, patched, and securely configured and management informed of status on a daily basis.
• Perform O&M on IDS/IPS/CSOC projects and/or systems as needed.
• Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring "policies" in a manner determined and agreed to by the COTR and customer management. Ensure changes are made using an approval process agreed to in advance.
• Prepare briefing status reports and attend Review Boards as required.
• A bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline.
• Minimum of two years of experience in network engineering, system administration with emphasis in implementation, operations and maintenance of Windows Server, Applications
and Database servers, workstation environments with some Linux experience, and end user support skills.
• Familiarity with network security applications, protocols and associated hardware.
• Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years and additional high level Polygraph.