To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leeds, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Representative - Leeds, AL
Hubbell Inc • Leeds, AL
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Human Resources Representative supports the HR Department and the facility management team with full cycle recruitment, benefits, employee relations, and payroll assistance for multiple business units. This position is essential in supporting the business by collaborating with the management team to reach goals and objectives of the company.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for interpreting policies, ensuring compliance with all policies, company processes, and state/federal employment law.
- Partner with management on employee relations and conducting internal investigations.
- The ability to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of management and employees within the facilities, as well as the HPS Platform, to communicate various HR objectives and procedures with company policy and employment law.
- Administer and interpret corporate guidelines for benefits and compensation.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and national employment laws.
- Administers recruitment process to all recruiting efforts, interviewing, applicant skills testing, salary recommendations, offer letters, coordinating pre-employment background checks, drug screens, new hire paperwork, e-verify, and on-barding of all new employees.
- Conduct HR Presentations that include but not limited to: new employee orientation, communication meetings, and other employee training classes.
- Administer group insurance programs (health, dental, sickness, accident, and disability)
- Responsible for HR reporting/surveys (EEO-1, AAP logs, and wage/benefits surveys). Prepares affirmative Action Plan and files all EEOC – related reports on a timely basis, and maintains adequate documentation, audit trail, and compliance with the record retention regulations.
- Administer leaves of absences including FMLA
- Enter new hires, terminations, leave of absence, etc. in SAP
- Oversee and interpret the performance management system.
- Maintains and updates filing and electronic payroll related information in SAP (HR data systems), making sure that data correctly interfaces with ADP, and validate the information.
- Responsible for maintaining the OPL and setting interview itineraries for all salaried open positions.
- Responsible for completing the monthly headcount report on the last day of every month.
- Participate and present HR related material in the Monthly Management Meeting, weekly staff meetings, and quarterly communication meetings with all employees.
- Supports department and company-wide special projects.
- Responsible for unemployment administration.
- Ensures that all written documentation used in related to human resources is in compliance with Company objectives, laws, and regulations.
- Lead employee engagement initiative.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership – able to motivate by delivering clear and concise expectations. Able to give constructive feedback yet able to “mentor/coach” others while achieving goals.
- Analytical – able to solve problems using facts and data
- Initiative – highly motivated to work towards objectives and targets with integrity and ethical behavior.
- Accountable – assumes responsibility for own actions and those of reports. Takes ownership through teammates. Takes corrective action when necessary.
- Communication – effective (oral/written form) with all levels within the organization
- Team building – ability to reach consensus, yet give bold direction when necessary
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of HR experience in a manufacturing role
- Must be a self-directed, hands-on HR Generalist
- Demonstrated success of leading the HR function in a manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Proven ability to maintain integrity in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong computer experience required, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Must be self-motivated, and a problem solver
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize duties
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive situations where information must be shared on a ‘need to know” basis
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- SAP and or ADP experience a plus
- Experience in a union environment a plus
Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.