Direct Hire - Saw Operator, NW Houston Saw Operator - 2nd Shift (3:30 PM to 12:00 AM)
Direct Hire opportunity with a metals management company in NW Houston! Looking for a skilled Saw Operator to join the growing second shift. Fantastic long term opportunity providing stability and potential growth! Compensation range from $13 to $16 an hour depending on experience.
What YOU need to be qualified:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 2-3 years’ experience operating power saws in a manufacturing environment
• Basic Math skills; knowledge of machines, set up procedures, operational methods, material identification and production requirements, and measurements
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints or work specifications
• Set up and operate power saws (reciprocating, band or circular) to cut material to required lengths or contour in accordance with specifications.
• Install saw blades prescribed for type of material, set stop gauges, saw speeds and indexing mechanisms such as may be provided for automatic positing of materials: may be required to replace and align band saw blades.
• Position and secure materials on bed of machine using clamping arrangements or fixturing devises: check pilot piece for dimension.
• Contour cutting on a band saw may require the scribing of cutting lines on material from templates or the setting of radius pins for circular cuts.
• Use scale, square, protractor, templates and samples.
• Spends 100% of time in shop area and yard. Exposed to possible shop hazards, including high noise and eye injuries.
• Physical demands: computer work, sits, walks, bends, stands, stoops, lifts
Send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.