To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI 49459
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EFG Direct Originations Officer III
Flagstar Bank • Troy, MI
Posted 22 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleEFG Direct Originations Officer III
Job SummaryThe Equipment Finance Officer (EFO) is responsible for creating and executing a marketing plan to achieve specific target volume objective within one of Flagstar Bank's Markets.
The EFO develops new equipment finance opportunities through external business development activities and well as internal referral sources. The EFO is expected to develop financial solutions for capital intensive customers and prospects that conform to Flagstar’s commercial and EFG underwriting standards.
The EFO is expected to:
1. Meet or exceed production, spread, and fee goals
2. Independently develop new customer opportunities
3. Maintain existing relationships
4. Provide regular reporting of business development activities
5. Present new credit requests in deal screen and credit committee
6. Mastery in product: structure, pricing, and use
7. Working knowledge of sales, use, and property tax
8. Prepare complete document request packages within EFG standards
9. Negotiate terms and conditions within EFG Standards
10. Assist in the Closing of loan and lease agreements
The EFO is expected to support portfolio and credit managers by assisting:
1. Formulating transaction summaries
2. Assist with the collection of information for underwriting
3. Work with asset managers (or appraisers) to prepare valuation analysis for credit approvals and portfolio management
4. Assist portfolio and credit managers when information is needed from EFG Systems
5. Assist portfolio managers with monitoring status of EFG portfolio to ensure conformity with terms
6. Assist operations and processing areas to ensure payments are collected and recorded properly
7. Assist with purchase or terminations on existing Leases and Loans
The EFO reports directly to the EFG Segment Manager.
- Business Development – Production. Developing business to meet or exceed production, spread, and fee goals. Developing new customer opportunities and maintaining existing relationships. Assisting in the Closing of loan and lease agreements. Providing regular reporting of business development opportunities.
- Profitability (spread, non-interest income) target on new production. Ensuring profitability of deals and within EFG standards by presenting new credit requests in deal screen and credit committee, preparing complete document request packages within EFG standards; and negotiating terms and conditions within EFG standards.
- Underwriting and portfolio support. Providing Underwriting and portfolio support by assisting with collecting information needed for underwriting and/or EFG systems; working with asset managers (or appraisers) to prepare valuation analysis for credit approvals and portfolio management; assisting operations with ensuring payments are collected and recorded properly; assisting portfolio managers with monitoring the status of the EFG portfolio to ensure conformity with terms; and assisting purchase or termination on existing Leases and Loans.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Taxation or Finance. Master’s Degree preferred in the fields previously listed.
- 10+ years of Commercial Equipment Financing experience
- Handles transactions with highest level of complexity
- Proven business development track record of outperforming goals
- Ability to conceptualize and implement effective new business strategies
- Extensive network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Strong credit and financial analysis skills (prefer Bank training program)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience with lease pricing software (e.g., SuperTrump / InfoAnalysis)
- Working knowledge of factors affecting Tax Leases
- Working knowledge of off balance sheet lease accounting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and CRM
Internal Use Only: Band D
Job ID: 02158
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.