To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4000 Justice Way
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Armed Security Officer-Part Time- Days
HSS Inc. • Castle Rock, CO
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HSS specializes in the high-stakes security environments of aviation, healthcare and government facilities -- and is one of the few companies to earn the Department of Homeland Security's SAFETY Act designation and certification.
We apply training, knowledge and experience to provide higher levels of safety and security. Moreover, we strive to provide exceptional experiences through unequaled standards of customer service and positive interactions with guests, patients, community and staff. Building on pillars of communication, professionalism, relationships and accountability, HSS team members set the standard for the industry. A claim proven by a greater than 90-percent customer retention rate since the company's inception.
Provides direct security and related public services for the Douglas County Justice Center. The position will be armed and firearm experience is necessary for consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include, but are not limited to, areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, and mechanical areas at location.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with upset people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors.
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports via electronic device.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and, where applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- US Citizenship is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency.
- Two year's customer service experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal skills, as well as a high attention to detail as this post deals directly with executives and airport professionals.
- Must be physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of performing all duties as defined by job description. Must be in good physical health and be fully capable of performing normal or emergency duties requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion, such as standing or walking for an entire shift, climbing stairs, running and self-defense. Security guards must be physically capable of performing continuous patrol rounds for the duration of assigned shifts. Security guards must also be capable of lifting a 25-lb. fire extinguisher, lifting and carrying a small child, and assisting in the lifting of handicapped persons during a building evacuation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications.
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies.
- Valid Colorado driver's license with clear driving record preferred.
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.