To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin Township, NJ 08873
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Human Resources
William Demant Holding A/S • Franklin Township, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DGS HR, part of a shared services organization supporting a group of hearing healthcare companies, is currently seeking a Director of Human Resources in Somerset, NJ.
William Demant is the umbrella for a number of independent companies within hearing care and treatment of hearing loss. These various companies each have their unique position and focus. DGS is the new identity for the internal service organization in William Demant, aiming to perform a number of functions that cut across businesses, including: IT, Finance, HR, Production, Quality and Logistics. Like William Demant, DGS does not in itself operate any business, but merely aims to offer important business support services in an efficient and professional manner. DGS functions across the world play an important role in supporting the individual companies' growth and thus the total William Demant Group.
As all other companies in William Demant, DGS is composed of dedicated, motivated and high-performing employees who make a real every day difference by providing excellent shared services and always staying focused on customer needs.
Through superior shared services, cost efficiency and customer insight, DGS will support the international brands and businesses of the William Demant Group. Keeping customer focus, meeting needs and understanding success criteria across brands and businesses. Striving for excellence, delivering Group services in an efficient, proactive and transparent way. Delivering shared services across the Group, standing together as one, supporting the international brands and businesses of William Demant.
The Human Resource Director who is an HR expert and can provide advice, guidance and support on a variety of HR issues across multiple businesses with different value propositions. This strategic thinking individual will partner closely with other key leaders to design and implement human resource policies, procedures and initiatives across the organization, with a strong focus in consultative approach to organization effectiveness. Benefits, and HIRS are done by subject matter experts within the department.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- This position supports approximately 750 employees both in the business brands in Wholesale and in the DGS support functions of Finance, IT and Operations
- Work to harmonize yet not mandate polices, process and procedure among 7 leaders
- Provides consultation to managers on performance, structure, development and coaching
- Facilitate training on policy and soft skills such as yet not limited to; legal aspects of managing people and interviewing skills
- Facilitate HR processes with line leadership, management and employees on performance management, compensation, recruiting and engagement
- Analyze HR data and metrics and work with leaders to define their people agenda
- Manage one resource and delineate roles and responsibilities among employees, managers, and leadership level support
- Consult on policy and changes to policy in support for the business
- Consult on complex employee relations issues
- Drives data integrity and ESS and MSS use in our HRIS
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a HR Generalist function is required
- Demonstrated skill and ability to anticipate and understand business issues and to lead organizational change.
- Solid employee relations experience with the ability to manage employer/employee relations where problem-solving and sound judgment is essential.
- Knowledge of core employment legal practices and policies is required
- Experience providing HR support at the manager level with demonstrated ability to influence, persuade and coach all levels is required
- Ability to strategically prioritize time and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and strong ability to influence others and articulate key messages
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills required
- Experience with personality profiles (ie, DISC, Insights etc) preferred
- Competency modeling experience preferred
- Experience with Change Management support tools preferred
- Strong collaboration skills with willingness to put business and team ahead of individual priorities.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.