To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
134 4 Seasons Town Center Ent
Four Seasons Town Centre
Greensboro, NC 27407
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Journeys District Manager in Training (DMIT)
Genesco - Corporate • Greensboro, NC
Posted 1 month ago
Fashion - Apparel - Textile, Retail
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS'
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
- Achieves sales goals and profitability targets in all stores while maintaining performance in Home Store.
- Assist the District Manager in evaluating people / performance and determine action plans to improve sales and measure results.
- Assist the District Manager in staffing stores within the district
- Assists in managing loss prevention efforts in assigned stores
- Recruits, interviews, and hires store management candidates (per RVP’s/DM’s instructions)
- Trains, develops, and promotes store employees in his/her area
- Conducts store visits regularly (per RVP’s/DM’s instructions)
- Directs store operations and implements company policies and procedures
- Communicate regularly with District Manager, Regional Vice President, and corporate office staff
- Home Store meets the Grand Open Ready criteria
- Experience in retail stores at the Area Manager level, preferably one to two years of field management experience
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license. Willingness to travel extensively in assigned territory.
- Experience in the footwear industry preferred
- Proven ability to increase sales and profitability
- Proven ability to recruit, train and develop high-caliber teams
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Certified in ALL of our training programs
- Authorized Auditor
- Completed the DMIT certification course
- Stand for long periods of time
Job ID: US75062358804-46175662487-en
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.