To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Certified Addiction Counselor
Pathways by Molina • Columbus, GA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
American Work, Inc. began providing services to Georgia’s severely mentally ill adults in 1999, and today offers a range of services that maximize the ability of people with a mental illness or addictive disorder to live and thrive in their community. Our goals are parallel with the recovery and resiliency model Georgia desires.
American Work, Inc. is partnered with Pathways by Molina.
Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
Pathways by Molina offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits that include:
Paid vacation and sick leave
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Nine paid holidays
Training and development opportunities
American Work and Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual for our Certified Addiction Counselor position to join our team.
- Conducts and documents initial and on-going assessment of onsumer's strengths, bio psychosocial histories, substance abuse and mental health treatment needs
- Under supervision and with consultation of Clinical Director, provides crisis assessment and intervention
- Ensures appropriate safety plan is established
- Facilitates referral to inpatient hospitalization as clinically indicated
- Through the use of acceptable therapeutic interventions and techniques, assists consumers in establishing and reaching treatment goals
- Documents and reports service delivery and consumer progress on an ongoing basis on progress notes, treatment plan reviews and thorough discharge summaries
- Abides by laws, regulations and standards of practice regarding Confidentiality and Ethics for the provision of treatment under the scope oflicense and certification
- Follow all regulations set forth by American Work, Inc., policy and procedure
•Must be a Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) who holds a CAC (or an equally recognized SA certification equivalent or higher) or actively in Addiction Counselor Trainee Training and Supervision
•Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
•Have an understanding of and sensitivity to serving the culturally diverse and special needs population and possess knowledge of the populations served in the services provided
•Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License
•Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Records (MVR)
•Must have a clean Criminal Back Ground Check (no convictions or shown credible evidence of perpetrating abuse, neglect or sexual exploitation- child or adult)
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.