To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wayne, NJ 07470
- BAE Systems
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Security Spec I
BAE Systems • Wayne, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Government - Federal
This position reports to the Facility Security Officer (FSO), performing a wide variety of duties to assist the FSO in the implementation and maintenance of a complete industrial security program including alarm response, area control, container access, badge and lock control, incident investigation, classification management, classified hardware control, and plant protection as required by the Department of Defense under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and other government agencies.
- Performs all duties in accordance with DoD, UL 205 and NISPOM requirements related to Alarm response. Responsible for checking emergency exits, patrolling the interior and exterior of the campus.
- In charge of area and container access; briefing personnel of their responsibilities for having access to containers and closed areas, maintaining access rosters, lock control and conducting audits of both areas and containers.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing incident reports. Investigates security violations and prepares comprehensive reports for submission to the FSO for review and necessary action.
- Responsible for covering breaks at the front desk; must learn the visitor control process to include badging of personnel/visitors, escorting and conducting bag checks.
- Assists AFSO with Closed Area construction requirements and certification.
- Create and modify badge accounts.
- Monitors key control.
- This position has a high, mobile visibility during the day/business hours (7:00 am - 4:30 pm).
- Position requires climbing, lifting and long periods of standing and walking.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in the primary duties and responsibilities section above.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a basic level of proficiency with standard applications software such as Word, Excel and database management (SIMS).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Job ID: 31084BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Average Salaries for
This estimated salary is an approximation based on compensation data points gathered from similar job postings or existing salaries for the same or similar job title within the same market. Average salary insights are based on aggregate data and are not specific to any individual job posting.
Information Security Specialist