To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Social Media Editor
Circa, LLC. • Arlington, VA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Circa is dedicated to reporting news and sharing entertainment with video and articles crafted entirely with your phone in mind. Circa's reporting is hard-hitting (we break national news on the daily) but also hyper local (we deep dive into every corner of the U.S. for tales that deserve your attention). Add to that a third tier of making the biggest news items of the day digestible on your smart phone and we've got every angle covered.
At Circa we strive to bring you photos and videos natively to every social network already in your pocket. We'll be live and you'll be with us as we go into experimental kitchens across the nation, talk to stars at film premieres, visit protestors in the trenches, meet those holding down weird professions and sit with major political figures. Circa is also diving into long form storytelling, virtual experiences and initiatives that will get you off of your computer and doing something in real life. Our hope is that we can impassion you enough to make some change.
Circa in Washington, DC has a great opportunity for a Full-time Social Media Editor. We need someone who lives to report the news, is proficient in multiple networks, knows the language of the Internet, and breathes analytics
- Optimize copy, photos and links out to Circa articles for publication across facebook/twitter/snapchat/instagram
- Strategize implementation of graphics, GIFs and videos based around Circa content
- Report on news events with live snapchat/twitter stories
- Pitch stories based on social trends
- Research and crowdsource information in trending and breaking news situations
- Monitor social performance analytics across networks
- Live stream, capture and cut video on mobile
- Desired candidate must know facebook, twitter, snapchat, instagram and tumblr inside out
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere knowledge preferred
- 2-5 years experience reporting news on social media for a news organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven social media campaign success
- Nose for spotting trends before they happen
- Familiarity with basics of graphic design, formatting, presentation
- Ability and willingness to work odd hours as needed
Circa, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace