To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Software Engineer - Technology Development
Direct Energy • Seattle, WA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Operating as an internal startup, DE&P’s North American Technology and Product Development team is looking for talented, self-starting engineers to join us at our Bellevue, WA office. As Lead Software Engineer, you will work with Product Managers and Senior Management to design and develop applications, microservices and interfaces for DE&P’s Integrated Solution Platform, a federated, cloud-based energy IoT that integrates real-time sensing, demand response and distributed energy resources (DER) with advanced analytics and optimization. As part of a global organization, you will collaborate closely with R&D teams on the East Coast, Great Britain and Israel. You will also be instrumental in building up the Bellevue R&D team by leading junior developers and applying software engineering best practices. The environment will be fast-paced, challenging and changing. You will be required to self-manage, learn quickly, communicate clearly and put to use a variety of technical and interpersonal skills. Any previous experience in data science, energy, cleantech or IoT will be greatly valued and put to use.
This position places you at the intersection of software and energy. You be working directly with senior managers and technology leads in a global organization. Come join us in this fast growing and exciting industry!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Smart and motivated, with ability to adapt and quickly pick up new skills
- Experience developing production quality code in a modern object oriented language. Preference for experience with Java and Python.
- Experience in software architecture and design of enterprise systems
- Knowledge of AWS and “cloud-native” architectures
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs. Experience with microservice architectures is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, continuous integration and the software development lifecycle
- Preference for candidates with development leadership experience, such as acting as a team lead, being involved with hiring and reviews, etc.
- Preference for candidates with an understanding of data science and mathematical optimization concepts and technologies
- Preference for candidates with power and energy industry technical domain knowledge, including wholesale power market operations and products, utility/grid automation systems, demand response management, meter data management and distributed energy resource management
- Preference for candidates with IoT expertise, including sensing and metering, device communications and protocols, real-time data processing and analytics
- Undergraduate in computer science, electrical engineering in math. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a software engineering role
- 2+ years experience as a team lead preferred
- Develop new applications, microservices and widgets for integration with DE&P’s cloud-based integrated solution platform
- Work with Product Managers and SMEs from regional business to clarify requirements and convert into clearly defined software development tasks
- Develop solution architectures, data models and APIs as well as lead design for systems integration projects
- Collaborate with and receive guidance from Software Development and DevOps teams in Tel Aviv
- Collaborate with Data Science team to package and integrate advanced analytics algorithms and tools
- Assist with scale-up of Bellevue office R&D team by aiding in hiring and mentorship of junior engineers, governing use of Git, JIRA and CI/CD tools, and by instituting software development best practices.
- Provide periodic status reports, presentations and documentation to stakeholders