To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Community Lending Mortgage Account Executive
MB Financial Bank • Newark, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Finance, Banking, Sales
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you were one of the Three Little Pigs, would you build your house out of straw, wood, or bricks?
MB Financial is looking for brick layers. We’re all about creating a sustainable business model and surrounding ourselves with exceptional team members dedicated to each other’s success both now and long-term.
“But how do you do it?” you ask :). Instead of working 40+ hours per week in a boring and unrewarding environment, MB does the opposite. Our team members enjoy a culture that sets attainable goals for performance and encourages them to share ideas with others. They love how connected they feel to the business and their community. And as you’ve gathered from reading this ad, we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
If you’re interested in a company that will surround you with exceptional people who are focused on personal and professional growth, we are interested in speaking with you. Apply now to lay your first brick!
Responsible for driving referrals from brokers and mini-correspondent lenders for conventional and government residential mortgage loans to customers who qualify based on assessment of financial and credit data. Focused on driving loan applications for low and moderate income borrowers. Develop market in low and moderate income CRA assessment areas through partnering with direct referral sources. Enhance MB Financial Bank’s reputation as a diversity-focused lender by participating in community organizations that serve low and moderate income communities with the goal of driving loan referrals in those communities. Responsible for sourcing, on-boarding, training and managing broker and mini-correspondent branches.
This is a senior level role that works under limited guidance and has no formal leadership responsibility for a team at this time
Essential Job Duties:
- 1. Builds quality customer relationships. Sources and maintains highly active wholesale accounts within residential geographical area. Trains accounts on all aspects of doing business with MB Financial’s mortgage division. Creates a regular schedule of account visits and communication to continually reinforce the company’s differentiators and leverage them for quality volume.
- 2. Works in concert with operations partners. Gains a complete understanding of the file flow process. Knows the people and roles involved in each step and establishes rapport with them. Continually updates operations partners with the wants and needs of customers in the evolving marketplace.
- 3. Manages the business pipelines. Maintains continuous knowledge of files in process and overall volume standing. Communicates as needed to brokers and affiliates. Consistently prospects for new accounts and new business within current accounts.
- 4. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
- 5. Promotes our culture by living-out the cultural pillars (People, Integrity, Partnership, Teamwork, and Fun) on a daily basis.
- 6. Performs additional responsibilities as needed
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the mortgage and banking industries, including strong knowledge of wholesale sales. Requires significant experience in third party origination (TPO) lending, market knowledge and relationships with top tier accounts in their respective territories.
• Demonstrated ability to work within established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
Working Conditions and Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers
MB Financial Bank - Mortgage Division is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID: PT11213
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.