To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CKE Restaurants Inc. • Franklin, TN
Posted 24 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Admin - Clerical, Legal Admin, Legal
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Franchise Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Franchise and Development Departments. The ideal candidate for the position should possess strong written communication, oral communication and organizational skills as well as be able to work in a deadline-driven environment to achieve the company’s development goals. This position will reviews, examines and analyzes corporate entity structures (corporations, partnerships, limited liability corporations, etc.) for franchise entities to ensure compliance with franchise related agreements. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Preparation of new franchise and/or transfer related agreements, including transmitting documents for execution; and processing signed franchise agreements upon receipt
- Handling the collection and internal application of franchise related business fees and administering the fees within our franchise accounting system
- Contacting and communicating directly with existing and new franchise candidates to carry out assigned duties
- Oversees the distribution of Company FFDs (Franchise Disclosure Agreements)
- Reviews, examines and analyzes corporate entity structures for new franchisees
- Responsible for legal processes related to default, cure and termination of franchise agreements, including preparing, transmitting and tracking Notices of Default, Notices of Termination, and Notices of Cure of Default
- Maintain internal database/intranet related to franchise agreement related terms
- Responsible for legal processes related to collection of accounts receivable and other amounts payable to the company and maintaining status reports of all
- Reviews leases for compliance with Corporate Legal agreements and reviews franchisees’ entity documents for timely preparation/renewal
- Contacting and communicate with franchisees, in-house and off-site legal counsel, franchise operations, real estate, accounting, finance, franchise sales and other related departments to carry out assigned duties
- Prepare and maintain written documentation of processes and checklists related to assigned duties
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various contacts (internal and external)
- Attends training to remain current on industry trends
- Participates in company meetings, webinars and conference calls
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements.
- Must possess a BA/BS Degree and/or a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program
- Approximately five (5) to seven (7) years of paralegal experience
- Must possess approximately five (5) years of contract management and/or franchise administration experience
- Must have proven experience in contract coordination and database management
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Must be self motivated and able to prioritize multiple projects individually or with a team
- Knowledge of law, business, real estate, litigation, contracts, sales and management is preferred
- Must have strong work ethics and a high level of confidentiality to ensure proper handling of sensitive information
- Corporate Office fast paced, high volume of activity and a deadline driven environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time, using telephone, typing and/or operating a computer and/or mouse
- Travels as needed approximately (10%)
Job ID: FRA01X
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.