To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Naperville, IL 60563
- Recruiting Manager
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IFG Project Resourcing • Naperville, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Job Code/ Req#:
[i.e.: full-time, part-time, job share, contract, intern]
A Financial Institution located in Naperville, IL is seeking a Collections Specialist to identify, monitor, recommend and execute action on non-performing accounts. Must balance financial risks/rewards to the bank with working with and meeting the needs of the customer. Minimize loss and/or maximize return on investment through prompt and appropriate loss mitigation. Utilize strong negotiation skills and interpersonal skills, while adhering to all applicable guidelines, requirements and regulations. Maintain contact and follow-through to ensure appropriate resolution.
Role and Responsibilities
Non-Performing Account Resolution: Analyze varying customer issues/inquiries and non-performing accounts to determine appropriate solutions
- Contact past due customers and execute established procedures for the successful resolution of non-performing accounts, adhering to all applicable investor guidelines, requirements and regulations
- Respond to past-due customer-initiated requests and work with customer to resolve delinquency in a manner beneficial to all parties
- Negotiate the delinquent account resolution by balancing the financial risks/rewards to the bank with working with and meeting the needs of the customer
- Apply skip tracing techniques and strong negotiation skills when required
- Keep management apprised of complex or high-risk situations or issues
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external business partners, suppliers, vendors and regulatory officials
- Stay abreast of and incorporate changing regulations and procedures and ensure compliance
Monitoring and Follow-up: Maintain accurate and timely information and records in Bank systems Analyze pertinent reports and function-specific data/metrics to identify delinquencies, default, foreclosure and other non-performing accounts
- Provide courteous and timely follow-up to calls and correspondence.
- Monitor proceedings in accordance with bank policies and applicable state and federal laws and guidelines
- Maintain contact with past due customers throughout resolution process to ensure appropriate follow-through and resolution
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, internal policies, procedures and guidelines for the purpose of audit and compliance
- Minimize losses by ensuring timely portfolio processing and effective decision-making
- Make recommendations for reducing risk.
- Proficient PC Skills including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- Working understanding of Consumer Collections and relevant function areas, including regulatory and consumer guidelines, pertinent documentation and initiatives (for example, property appraisals, Broker Price Opinions, Service Alignment Initiatives)
- Working knowledge of federal, state/provincial and local laws pertaining to Consumer Collections and functional area Familiarity with Auto Dialers and dialing platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation (1-3 years)
- Keen analytical skills
- Attention to detail
Nice to have skills:
- Negotiation and skip tracing skills
- Effectively deal with change and shifting priorities
- Strong and decisive problem solver
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of function-specific software and computer programs
- Ability to work independently
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in word.doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.