To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statesville, NC
- Bartlett & Company
- Phone: 816-753-6300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Manager - Animal Nutrition
Bartlett & Company • Statesville, NC
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Bartlett Milling Company
Business Manager - Animal Nutrition
Req. # 516 -BMC-(Ex)-426
Primary Job Location:
Bartlett Milling Company is an affiliate of Bartlett Agri Enterprises, Inc. - a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Bartlett is more than 100 years old, and Forbes ranks Bartlett among the largest private companies in the U.S.
Jobs Summary: Bartlett Milling Company is seeking an experienced animal feed business manager to lead and support all aspects of Bartlett's feed manufacturing, sales, and distribution. The position is centrally located in Statesville, NC and will support Bartlett's strategic market activities across the southeast United States.The functions of the assistant general manager include, but are not limited to: directing manufacturing of Bartlett's animal feed products, feed formulation, ingredient sourcing, strategic planning and promotion, category management, building relationships with dealer network, manage salesforce, promote growth in sales and profitability, maintain exceptional safety performance, and execute best in class customer service.
The position is an excellent opportunity for an industry manager to advance in the feed industry towards senior management. As Business Manager, the successful candidate will utilize and further development their animal feed expertise and business management abilities to position themselves to succeed the incumbent General Manager. The position requires a well-rounded business leader with demonstrable success in the feed industry; adaptable to Bartlett's vast product-mix and a diverse customer base.
Compensation and Benefits: Base salary is competitive for the position, based on education level and experience.Bartlett offers a generous benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match, a profit sharing plan, and paid employee health insurance, life insurance and short term disability coverage. Bartlett also pays a portion of group dental and vision programs costs, and offers additional voluntary group programs and discounts.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, field of study: Agricultural business and economics, animal science/nutrition emphasis, or related business and agricultural concentration. An advanced degree is desirable.
- Preferred, 5 years of experience in related animal feed industry: managing aspects of broad-species feed production, sales and market development, animal nutrition and product formulation, ingredient sourcing, budgeting, and financial accountability.
- Strong expertise in animal management practices: demonstrable command of product nutrition guidelines and suitable feed applications.
- Strong leadership ability and experience managing personnel: hiring, training, development, and accountability.
- Proven sales experience and competitive landscape expertise.
- Excellent written and communication skills: strong organizational and time management abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct manufacturing to maximize operations and safety, feed quality, nutritional integrity, and best in class service.
- Formulate feeds for dairy cattle, beef cattle, horse, swine, poultry, game birds, rabbits, deer, goats, sheep, ducks, and custom feeds.
- Manage and develop pet food sector to ensure value-mix and distribution growth.
- Source and manage ingredient inventory to maximize feed manufacturing efficiencies.
- Develop and implement strategies and promotion to support market growth and profitability.
- Assist strategic planning, market forecasts, and budgeting.
- Manage and develop product categories of both manufactured products and distributor goods to support dealer network tonnage growth.
- Oversee salesforce and implement development training to expand salespersons product knowledge and nutritional applications across a broad number of animal species.
- Lead prospective dealer accounts and volume growth with-in existing network and expansion into new territories.
- Promote and maintain an exceptional safety performance.
- Maintain regulatory requirements and support implementation of new regulations.
- A candidate must demonstrate a highly-disciplined approach to the described management duties.
Physical Demands and Requirements: This job is not physically strenuous, but customer facilities may present different physical demands. You will need the ability to lift, push and pull up to 20 pounds and occasionally more. This job may require the ability to ascend/descend stairs.
This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with personnel at all levels and customers.
It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to identify and distingush colors is also important.
Working Environment: This job is primarily indoors, but may include some outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
All employees shall be subject to drug testing and background checks. FLSA Status: Exempt.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Bartlett will not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from placement services, recruiters or staffing firms. Bartlett WILL NOT pay any placement fee for unsolicited applications unless a written agreement is in place, in advance, for a specific job requisition. Unless such a written agreement is in place, any unsolicited resume shall be deemed Bartlett property and no fees shall be due from Bartlett to any third party under any circumstances.