To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI 48034
- Credit Acceptance Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Manager, Business Information Services
Credit Acceptance Corporation • Southfield, MI
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IT Manager, Business Information Services
Why Work For Credit Acceptance?
Credit Acceptance is rapidly-expanding our IT department with a variety of dynamic opportunities. Our culture has landed us on Computerworld's list of the Best Places to Work in IT. In each of the last 4 years, we have held a spot in the top 2 for midsized companies nationwide. In addition, we are also proud to say over the last 4 years we have been named one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team members and culture create a positive workplace that drives us to succeed, making Credit Acceptance one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
We offer a great work environment, awesome team members, competitive benefits, progressive career opportunities, a casual dress code and we work hard to ensure every team member is empowered to work to their fullest potential.
Credit Acceptance offers team members:
- The opportunity to work with progressive tools, and technology including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available
- Extensive growth opportunities as demonstrated by our track record of promoting internally
- An atmosphere that is collaborative, challenging, and filled with forward thinking team members
- Ongoing business training and career development opportunities
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
- Competitive market-based salary with quarterly profit sharing and annual merit bonuses
- Excellent benefits package that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision along with additional benefits that make us a great place to work
We are hiring a Manager within our Business Information Services Department.
Responsibilities in your area will include:
- Provide technical leadership to DW development team members
- Help senior leaders understand, filter and prioritize DW work requests
- Propose, adopt, and enforce standards to grow the DW into an enterprise data warehouse.
- Present data from multiple applications to DW users accurately and in a consistent format.
- Ensure data loads on schedule daily and performance meets user needs
- Ensure sensitive data is appropriately secured.
- Minimize production support incidents. Execute a disaster recovery strategy.
- Lead activities of Developers and Analysts in the implementation of the data warehouse.
- Build and enhance a DW that makes other departments as productive as possible.
Who Are We Looking for?
Our ideal candidate for this role needs to:
- Demonstrate Leadership thru Earnest Pursuit of Technical Knowledge and Excellence: Apply data model and architecture concepts to build structures that are efficient, intuitive, internally consistent and fast performing. Adopt and enforce development standards.
- Demonstrate Leadership thru Diligence in Getting Things Done: Deliver data quickly and consistently. Act with urgency. Advocate change for the better.
- Demonstrate Leadership thru Insightful Thinking: Create an architecture that empowers DW users with sufficient, accurate data that is easy to find and easy to report on.
- Demonstrate Leadership through Positive and Respectful Communication: Communicate with DW team, IT team, customers and supervisors in a positive and respectful manner. Convey complex information in a timely, efficient, easily understood manner; come prepared and participate actively in meetings.
- Demonstrate Leadership thru People and Performance Management: Hire and develop talented people using corporate performance management processes. Deal with underperformance effectively.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines
- Minimum 7 years' experience with data warehouse development, business analysis, and/or quality assurance.
- Experience leading projects/ staff (i.e., hiring, doing performance reviews, report outs, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working on an Oracle data warehouse strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Company Core Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well-considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.