To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Software Test Automation Engineer
Xylem • Boise, ID
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative and smart technology solutions to the world’s water and energy utility challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. With its November 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics to its portfolio of solutions for water, gas and electric utilities. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2016 revenue of $3.8 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands. The Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Software Engineer as a member of the Distribution Automation Software Applications Team. The candidate will architect, design, develop and unit test software applications. . The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, we want to hear from you!
We want someone who:
- Is passionate equally about being a developer and being a tester
- Has a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience with software testing, automated test tools, and test frameworks (Mocha preferred)
- Experience with RESTful API contract testing
- UNIX/Linux experience
- Programming experience with object oriented languages (Java, C#, .Net)
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of developers and quality engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
Nice to have:
- Firmware testing experience
- Git experience
- Redis experience
- Sense of Humor
- CSS3 and HTML5 experience
- Vagrant / Puppet / configuration management
- Message oriented systems experience