You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Professional Transportation Drivers and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are
truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Transportation Drivers are responsible for transporting, loading and unloading freight in a productive, safe and claims- free manner between our Service Centers.
Additional job duties include:
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on tractor/trailer
- Properly document all freight control processes
- Read and understand maps, road signs, shipping papers, hazardous materials markings and labeling identification
- Affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle
- Interact and converse with internal customers
- Participate in Dayton Freight's training and improvement programs
- Be available for irregular work schedules, extended trips away from domiciled Service Center, alternating work shifts and/or assignments
- Adhere to the operational procedures and guidelines contained in the Dayton Freight Driver/Dockworker Manual.
- At least 23 years of age
- At least 1 year of commercial driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsement
- Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card
- No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operations in the past 3 years
- Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Full-Time pay beginning at $0.580 per mile
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Packaging And Labeling
Hardworking And Dedicated