To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1131 Rue du Belier
Lafayette, LA 70506
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LPN (PRN for 12 hour rotating shifts)
Acadia-Healthcare • Lafayette, LA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in nursing functions to promote positive outcomes with Performance Improvement activities.
- Implement problem list and treatment plans after identifying problems generated from the nursing assessment.
- Maintains a therapeutic environment
- Assist mental health technicians to comply with 15 minute observation
- Assist properly searching patient for contrabands at time of admission to the unit
- ensure programming occurs per unit schedule
- demonstrate appropriate interventions with managing aggressive and self injurious patients
- Notify charge nurse when identify a change in patient’s status such as deterioration in patient’s status, physical complaint, and medication side effects to incorporate effective nursing interventions.
- Assist with facilitating medical transfer when indicated to meet the physical needs of the patient by copying medication list and calling 911.
- Demonstrate knowledge for Code Blue when identified
- Document patient’s status and care in the medical record in an accurate, thorough, and concise manner. Include appropriate interventions in progress note that addresses wellness and maintenance of illness.
- Ensure medications are transcribed as ordered by the physician.
- Assess effectiveness and efficacy of medication management.
- Educate the patient on the benefits, risks, and side effects of medications ordered.
- Ensure medication consents are obtained prior to the administration of the medication prescribed.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of adverse reaction. Notify physician and document required interventions.
- Conducting medication chart audits to ensure medications are administered as prescribed.
- Co-sign all medication orders with the medication nurse to prevent medication errors.
- Reconcile medication list as patients are admitted to the unit.
- Seeks opportunity to improve knowledge and demonstrates understanding of needs of patient population.
- Ensure all telephone or verbal orders are read back and verified
- Transcribes all physician’s orders accurately with date, time, and signature.
- Uses nursing resources to improve knowledge of patient’s needs.
- Conduct groups such as medication management to educate patients and promote growth.
- Participate in change of shift report to facilitate improved communication and continuity pf care. All reports should be as concise as possible.
- Communicate all prn medications administered during shift to charge nurse to be included in the report
- Communicate glucose readings or abnormal lab reports to also be included in the report
- Communicate all new or discontinued medications to the charge nurse to include in report.
- Complies with the time and attendance policy
- Complies with new hire and annual competency
- Participate in mandatory meetings.