To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- John Birtwell
- Phone: 781-929-2119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Facilities Project Manager (cGMP - Pharmaceutical)
DPS • Boston, MA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Facilities Project Manager (cGMP - Pharmaceutical) JD817665
Boston, MA area
DPS Engineering is looking for an accomplished Facilities Project Manager to work with a BioPharma client in the Boston, MA area. This individual will provide Project Management and support to utility and facility-related projects and must have a strong understanding of GMP manufacturing environments.
- Direct the planning, design, and implementation of facilities and utilities-oriented capital projects.
- Accountable for project management through the entire work flow including scope, engineering, project, commissioning, validation, and closeout.
- Manage project costs, schedule and scope as it relates to quality and overall stakeholder requirements.
- Balance project risk and uncertainty through risk management and mitigation plans.
- Execute the planning and project management of facility-related annual shutdowns.
- Should have demonstrated experience managing teams consisting of internal staff, supervising engineering and construction activities, and preparing turnover documentation.
- Should have demonstrated project controls skills such as estimating, scheduling and cost reporting. Larger projects may require earned value/progress tracking systems.
- Implement project management best practices through work plans, critical path analysis, and earned value milestones while utilizing the Project Stage Gate methodology.
- Develop work plans, assign tasks, and supervise team(s).
- Maintain and report applicable department or organizational metrics.
- Accountable for project completions and achievement of compliance goals.
- Represent department in Project Team meetings.
- Perform project management duties related to logistic planning, scope creation, project schedule and coordination.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Should have familiarity with MS Office, MS Project, SAP/Oracle, and sound accounting practices.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical construction or maintenance management, and/or project management experience
- Special knowledge requirements include biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical process and facility design approaches, plus a solid understanding of cGMP requirements.
- Must have strong understanding of MEP and utility systems as well as commissioning, qualification and validation activities.
- Must have experience in conceptual development, design and implementation, planning and scheduling and project management of major capital projects.
- Experience working to regulatory standards: FDA, Good Engineering Practice (GEP), Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and Good Documentation Procedures (GDP).
- Strong organizational skills, oral and written communication and team attitude.