To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West New York, NJ 07093
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Teacher Early Childhood
Catapult Learning • West New York, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As an assistant teacher in a Catapult Learning Early Childhood Program, you are required to perform the following job functions to the best of your ability, at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain customer focus by relating positively to children and demonstrating professional relationships with parents, children, co-workers, and school staff.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner which may include updating display areas, rearranging learning materials, maintaining appearance of classroom, organizing supplies
- Attend school functions, staff meetings, workshops, and in-services as required
- Supervise children at all times including playground area, must be able to shift priorities and multi-task as necessary.
- Meet and greet parents, children and visitors on arrival and departure.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families
- Direct parental contact and information relative to children’s’ progress to teacher or program director.
- Maintain records such as student attendance, incident and accident reports
- Follow lesson plans as directed by the classroom teacher and implement specific experiences and activities for children.
High school diploma, and Associate Degree of Early Childhood, Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhoood, or CDA. As well candidates pursuing a degree in early teacher will be considered for the position. Early childhood teaching experience preferred or as required by contract. Candidates must also have a valid CPR/First Aid Certificate.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates must be able to work for a before and afterschool program. Must be able to work from 7:30am until 8:40am and must report again to work at 2:40pm until 6:00pm. As well be available on selected half day school programs.
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible.
Responsible for updating employee file with continuing education information on a yearly basis.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.