To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Manager, Government & Regulatory Affairs, PJM
Direct Energy • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 1 day ago
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on government, business/finance, or energy
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the power industry with a preference for strong analytical skills and/or technical understanding of PJM or similar RTO markets
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate technical and/or complex information into key messages tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to quickly grasp business/industry issues and work on tight deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed.
The Senior Manager, Government & Regulatory Affairs is responsible for managing Direct Energy’s regulatory affairs in PJM. This position monitors, analyzes, and influences regulatory issues in PJM that support competitive markets and Direct Energy’s strategic priorities. The Senior Manager, Government & Regulatory Affairs communicates regulatory issues that impact Direct Energy to key Direct Energy stakeholders and represents Direct Energy externally at PJM. This position also supports business development opportunities in PJM. Based in Woodbridge, NJ, this position is a member of Direct Energy’s Government & Regulatory Affairs team in North America and reports to the Director, RTO and Federal Services.
- Represent Direct Energy in regulatory forums in PJM
- Focus on proactive external outreach and relationship building with PJM stakeholders to support the development of competitive markets and Direct Energy’s strategic priorities
- Understand Direct Energy, its products, services, values, and business direction by initiating and cultivating collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze, and influence regulatory issues in PJM that create commercial and/or operational risk or opportunity for Direct Energy lines of business and functions including gas and power operations, scheduling operations, midstream and trading activities, and retail portfolio management
- Jointly develop integrated policy positions with the commercial teams and advocate externally Direct Energy’s positions on public policy and matters affecting the company’s business units
- Provide communications to internal clients and customers regarding PJM regulatory issues
- Provide regulatory expertise for business development opportunities, including asset management and demand response
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability