To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
*RN, Registered Nurse - Travel Nurse - 13 week Assignment - PRN
CHRISTUS Health. • San Antonio, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHRISTUS Health is currently accepting resumes for our Travel Nurse Program and Resource Pool for Registered Nurses with 3 to 5 years of recent acute care.
The Travel Nurse Program is a 13-week assignment, 3-12 hour shifts each week and every other weekend. The Travel Nurse will commit to work a minimum of 2 holidays during the winter season. Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
TRAVEL NURSE REQUIREMENTS:
• 3 - 12 HOUR shifts a week for 13 weeks based on scheduling needs
Work every other weekend
Work at least2 major WINTER holidays
You must be able to float across ALL campuses as a Travel Nurse or Resource Pool Nurse
1. Registered Nurse with valid Texas license.
2. BLS certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended.
3. Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychological, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
4. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods.
2. Must be able to walk; climb stairs; lift, carry, push/pull greater than 50 pounds, repeatedly.
3. Good balance is required to facilitate climbing and reaching for supplies.
4. Must be able to bend, twist and crawl to facilitate cleaning equipment and must possess sufficient manual dexterity to handle IVs, specimens, equipment, and medications.
5. Required to life and move patients.
6. Potential for exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases exists.
7. Required to work in an indoor climate controlled environment with occasional deviations in temperature related to location or specialty area. There may be occasions where exposure to external elements may be necessary (i.e. code grays, patient transport, etc.).
8. Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally, both in person and by telephone.
1. Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
2. Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychological, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
3. Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values for CHRISTUS Health.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.