To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr Mechanical Design Engineer
Nesco Resource • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of gas turbine engine components.
Performs engineering design evaluations.
May develop a range of products.
Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures as well as designing new products.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Experience with NX version 8 or higher prefered
This position is within the Phoenix Mechanical Design team supporting APU, Propulsion, Military and/or Helicopter product lines in Phoenix, AZ. The Phoenix Mechanical Design team is part of Aerospace Engineering and Technology, E&PS, Mechanical Design organization.
• Component designer for new product development programs
o Support design process including initial estimation of design effort and drawing release milestones
o Create models and detailed drawings in NX
o Implement Design-to-Cost and Design-for-Manufacturing ideas
o Perform concurrent engineering with suppliers
o Ensure design meets customer requirements
o Document work by preparing engineering reports
• Support products in production. Diagnose and address field issues as they relate to mechanical design (drawing interpretation, tolerance stacks, processing drawing changes, etc.)
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience with CAD tools
• Due to site and ITAR requirements, candidates must be a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident of US
• Knowledge of industry processes related to mechanical design of products
• Experience utilizing Aerospace drawing requirements and industry drawing standards
• Experience with ITAR regulations and restrictions involving military products
• Demonstrated ability to perform as a design contributor on new product development programs
• Experience creating component design layouts in a CAD environment (NX preferred)
• Experience collaborating in a product data management system (Teamcenter preferred)
• Experience working with a global workforce
• Experience utilizing Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, including application in inspection and use of inspection tools (e.g. Geomagic)
• Applied technical, analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
• Works with self-direction, takes initiative, exercises sound judgment, discretion, and capable of effective decision making in a dynamic work environment
• Demonstrated willingness to adopt new tools and processes, and support implementation
• Understanding of an Integrated Product Delivery framework
• Ability to produce innovative solutions to design challenges
• Proficient with Microsoft products – Lync, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word