To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jenkintown, PA 19046
- Phone: 215-543-7007 ext. 1014
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
MANUFACTURING SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Lyneer Staffing Solutions • Jenkintown, PA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the cost effective utilization of manpower and capital resources required to operate a group of manufacturing departments
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/OTHER FUNCTIONS
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the production activity within the assigned manufacturing departments to achieve a level daily throughput.
- Set priorities, schedule and assign work within the assigned departments. Coordinate activities with other departments.
- Ensure the timely completion of quality audits in assigned manufacturing departments.
- Interview, select, train, evaluate performance, grant increases, promote, transfer, counsel, discipline, and layoff subordinates to maintain a flexible, efficient and well-motivated workforce.
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost reduction and productivity improvement programs, and new manufacturing concepts such as Cell Manufacturing, TQM, TOC, etc. in order to achieve 2% productivity improvement quarter over quarter
- Coordinate the Continuous Improvement and 6S activities for assigned manufacturing departments.
- Prepare reports and be prepared to discuss with management status of department metrics, workload and current projects.
- Interpret and supervise special work requirements.
- Schedule the repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment to minimize disruption of the production schedule.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments, government and customer contacts.
- Enforce all Company regulations and policies, especially those relating to safety.
- Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate to the position.
Qualified candidates have the following:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree with a major in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of manufacturing experience
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including a high degree of skill in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver results at short notice
- Excellent relational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to work for long hours
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to be a role model and a leader with credibility who others want to work for.
- Ability to possess a progressive vision with the focus and ambition to make change happen for the company and themselves;
- Ability to inspire others by communicating and influencing in a way that really takes people with them;
- Ability to build and motivate teams by continuously improving team performance to achieve shared the companies goals;
- Ability to coach others by maximizing potential through consistently developing themselves and others;
- Ability to drive achievements with the determination to achieve outstanding results and energizing others.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR", 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.
All employees are expected to:
• detect hazardous working conditions and safety issues and report these safety situations to their supervisor or manager;
• follow and enforce facility safety regulations and procedures;
• wear the assigned personal protective equipment (i.e. safety shoes, protective eye-wear and clothing etc.); and
• participate in assigned safety training, meetings, and activities.