To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Underwriter - Commercial Casualty
AmTrust North America • Boston, MA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The senior underwriter administers the underwriting and servicing of new and renewal accounts for agents and producers assigned within the territory in compliance with company underwriting, authority, and pricing standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Write and retain a profitable book of business through solid risk analysis, pricing and servicing. Maintains compliance with state filings and adheres to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines. Operate within written authority grant and makes referrals to Home Office Underwriting as required
- Collaborates closely with territory team. Keep peers and Territory Management informed of all issues and activity
- In collaboration with Territory Management, develop and implement the territory business plan and share accountability with team in meeting territory goals
- Train territory staff and clients on underwriting appetite and protocols in conjunction with corporate training guidelines
- Within Home Office authority grant, acts as the referral point for the territory underwriting staff
- Coach and collaborate with the team to develop, manage and maintain outside client relationships which will include traveling in the territory to meet with agents, producers and nonprofit associations or organizations. Actively plan and participate in industry events as required such as but not limited to agency or association conventions
- Provides professional, timely and courteous communication and service to external clients and cross departmental staff to successfully resolve issues pertaining to policyholders and territory producers
- Provides the pertinent information and guidance to support staff required to process coverage requests in accordance with service guidelines
- Collaborates with territory team on reports and update databases as required
- Assists in gathering and communicating competitive information
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of commercial lines property and casualty experience
- CPCU or CIC designation preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with and expert technical knowledge of commercial casualty, property, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Ability to make sound contributions to tactical and strategic planning
- Ability to train, coach and mentor individuals of various backgrounds within area of expertise
- Respect for confidential information
Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time within the assigned territory and to the Home Office as required
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.