To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Non-CDL Dockworker - Full Time
AAA Cooper Transportation • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dockworkers will safely load, unload, and move our customers' shipments across our Service Centers docks to meet the requirements of our customers' shipments primarily using forklifts. This position could offer a variety of shifts to accomplish the task of meeting our customer's needs.
As a full-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Wellness programs
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Safety and Performance Rewards Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required.
- Load freight to and from dock and trailers according to specifications of Bills of Lading, delivery receipts, packaging labels, etc.
- Plan the loading of freight onto trailers to fully utilize available space and minimize the risk of damage.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks, tractors, and other company equipment.
- Clean, sweep and wash dock, trailers, yard, tractor and other work areas.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18years or older
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- Satisfactory background check
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Flexible hours
A dockworker must have the ability to:
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Enter and exit trailers as many as 40+ times per day with the assistance of various handholds and steps.
- Perform frequent pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Frequently carry freight weighing up to 110 lbs. of varying size and shape up to a distance of 53feet.
- Spend up to 85% of the day standing and/or walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, or metal.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.