To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vista, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Operations Director Optum Medical Group Southern California
UnitedHealth Group • Vista, CA
Posted 17 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The OptumCare Medical Group, Southern California Regional Operations Director is responsible for overseeing efficient and effective operations and performance of clinical practices including ambulatory primary care and urgent care practices. The Regional Operations Director identifies and resolves operational and organizational issues impacting clinical operations and processes to support the highest quality patient care. This includes but is not limited to: overall management and supervision of non-physician clinic staff, including nursing and clinical managers; liaison between administration and physician site leaders, oversight and training of clinic supervisors, managers and other staff (including external experts as appropriate). In addition, the Regional Operations Director is accountable for developing policies and procedures supporting the practice’s clinical redesign initiatives.
- Oversee practice workforce, including clinical, administrative, and supervisory staff, including hiring, firing, discipline, staff development and training of personnel and contractors, as applicable
- Establish annual goals and objectives for clinic managers in alignment with organizational strategy; provide leadership and support to achieve the goals
- Responsible for overall practice operations in assigned ambulatory and urgent care facilities
- Ensure practices are appropriately staffed and make recommendations for staffing changes based on need
- Ensure practices are compliant with all rules and regulations, including HIPAA, OSHA, California Health Department, etc.
- Create, implement, and ensure adherence to administrative policies, procedures and standards
- Review and approve supply and medical equipment orders to ensure cost effective practices
- Responsible for the management and oversight of health plan credentialing with various plans and government programs
- Responsible for producing and periodic reporting of operational metrics
- Responsible for arranging professional liability insurance and tail coverage for physicians as applicable
- Support physician leadership with various tasks, such as organizing the monthly Clinical Operations meeting, troubleshooting physician contract or pay issues, etc.
- Participate as a team member of various committees to ensure positive outcomes, such as Policy and Procedure Workgroup, EMR Workgroup, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience within medical practice management inclusive of managing direct reports
- Experience with operations/management of multiple practices OR interface with multiple practices
- Experience with hands-on family practice, internal medicine or ambulatory care
- Strong mentoring and teambuilding skills along with the ability to gain trust, credibility and confidence
- Able to develop and define resources needed to accomplish tactical goals
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory agency requirements including OSHA and CMS
- Applicable knowledge of practice finance including billing, collections, and cash flow projection and management
- Track record of effective creative problem resolution with complex issues
- RN license preferred
- MBA, MHA preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Operations, Director, Managed Care, RN, LVN, Office practice management, Vista, Carlsbad, CA
Job ID: 2551_723728
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.