To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medford, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative (Call Center)
Century Bank • Medford, MA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Build relationships with customers through the delivery of extraordinary customer service, capture all sales and cross sales opportunities and provide detailed and accurate information regarding bank products and services. Adhere to all compliance regulations. Adhere to all departmental measurements with regard to non talk time. Provide product and technical support to internal and external customers on our Internet Banking product and online bill paying product. Provide support to all internal departments as needed. Receive incoming calls acting as a switchboard and forwarding those calls to the requested individual according to department standards. Monitors and/or ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations; including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, in addition to, Bank operation policies and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Respond professionally and timely to customer inquiries via all methods by meeting/exceeding Century Bank Customer Service standards. Adhere to all standards for call handling, etiquette and sales goals.
- Work to actively retain existing customers and acquire potential customers by providing extraordinary customer service. Own all calls and follow through on customer problems and resolution.
- Proactively and consistently meet/exceed sales and referral goal by assessing customer needs, cross selling and up selling products and services and closing sales.
- Work as part of the team to maintain department service level goal of 85% and individual service goals.
- Make outbound and welcome sales calls as scheduled, meeting calling standards defined with each program.
- Continually update knowledge of Bank products, services and procedures. Complete monthly competitive survey.
- Keep current and informed on the products and services of the competition to overcome objectives on sales opportunities. Complete monthly competitive survey.
- Perform all assigned operational tasks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with department performance standards.
- Complete assigned projects as requested and in a timely manner.
- Receive, qualify, and process all customer requests to stop payments, account transfers, telephone withdrawals, account status changes and special/alert messages in accordance with department procedures.
- Provide support for Century Bank products, services and customers to all internal departments as needed.
- Maintain and produce performance logs and reports and referral logs, which are to be submitted to the Department Manager by the second business day of the month.
- Participate in internal/external training in accordance with compliance and as scheduled.
- Obtain all necessary information for all Loan by Phone applicants and process in accordance with department procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Communicate issues/concerns to management.
- Actively offer ways to improve efficiency.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, present information from your monthly competitive survey.
The qualified candidate should be service oriented and demonstrate the ability to handle a variety of customer situations and issues. Additional requirements include at least one year of previous customer service experience, an articulate telephone voice and manner, a demonstrated ability to communicate in a business setting, both verbally and in writing, and working knowledge of computers (including use of the Internet, Word, Excel, and Access). Previous banking experience is preferred. This position requires a high school diploma or GED.
Century Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.