To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Financial Consultant/Sr. Financial Analyst
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 8 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Government Consultant will lead the project management of the accurate and timely data and financial analysis on large and complex state managed health and welfare capitation projects. The Government Consultant will be the financial expert for projects and proposals, as well as the mentor for more junior financial staff and oversee their basic work. To fulfill this role, the Government Consultant will:
- Project manager the Government division's projects related to government sponsored health and welfare programs. After a project is sold to the client, the Government Consultant works with the lead client manager to initiate the project. This includes meeting with the client and clearly defining the scope, timelines and deliverable of the project as well as develop and propose essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
- Ensure project team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope. Coordinate tasks with specialists on the project team, keep the client leader informed on the project, ensure regular team meetings and maintain project documents. As the project team leader, may produce documents stating project results, including reports, charts, analyses, etc
- Provide updates to the client team, gather additional information, coordinate data requests and advise client team on interim analyses. In conjunction with the client manager, may present project results to client
- Work on multiple projects with multiple clients simultaneously. While frequently in the role of overall project manager, may project manage tasks on large client deliverables in which a peer in the lead project manager. In this position, will also work with peers who are specialist to coordinate the specialist's contribution to the project
- Project manage Government projects unique to their specialty or project manage specialty sub projects in larger Government projects
- May directly supervise junior staff members and frequently provide supervisory feedback, training and mentoring to junior staff that have a project reporting relationship with them. People management responsibilities include: assign, direct, and evaluate work; conduct performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions; ensure appropriate orientation and on-going education/training; provide critical input regarding hiring and firing employees; promotion, salary and bonus actions
- Involved in the selling process with the senior client leader. Drive the request for proposal (RFP) process. Develop project approach and budgets. Work with internal marketing team and write up RFP response
- Keep self current on Health Policy environment and considers the implication of policy, law, political, etc. changes impact client and client's programs
- Develop intellectual capitol; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients.
Job ID: MIN000NS
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.