To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chillicothe, MO 64601
- Corizon Health, Inc
- Phone: 317-844-2992
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Corizon Health • Chillicothe, MO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychologist to join our healthcare team at the Chillicothe Correctional Center located in Chillicothe, MO
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Psychologist
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or related field is required.
- Holds a current license as a Psychologist in the state of employment. Current Health Service Provider in Psychology (HSPP) endorsement or eligibility to deliver clinical mental health services under supervision until license and HSPP endorsement is gained is required. Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Psychologist
- Responsible to provide direct clinical services, consultation services and supervisory services in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon Health, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of clinical mental health services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
- Provision of routine behavioral health services such as intake assessments, individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Provision of crisis intervention services when requested by institutional staff, medical staff, or by inmate self-referral. (Crisis intervention can include consultation with institutional staff regarding management concerns, appropriate housing, referral and/or follow up. Crisis intervention activities may require on-call services.)
- Assist in effecting movement to appropriate setting when patient's mental status indicates he / she is a danger to self or others.
- Documents all clinical encounters and significant behavioral health information in the Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon and the policies and regulations of the Department of Corrections or applicable client partner.
- Provision of assistance to the site's Psychiatrist and nursing staff in monitoring of patients receiving psychotropic medications.
- Provision of training in human behavior and/or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with institutional training programs as requested and as clinical service allows.
- Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by behavioral health departments, Corizon, and the Department of Corrections or applicable client partner.
- Provides clinical supervision to behavioral health staff as assigned.
- Responsible to inform Lead Psychologist or Regional Mental Health Director of personal need for additional clinical supervision or overall problems in delivery of clinical services.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Department of Correction policy.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other behavioral health staff, Corizon administrative and medical personnel, Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies.
Benefits offered to a Corizon Health Psychologist
- 5 weeks Paid Time Off
- No weekends or evenings
- No overhead
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company Matched 401k or Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Malpractice paid
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 35+ years, Corizon Health provides client partners with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our patients reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
Apply online or contact Michael Clark @ 317-677-5006 or email @ [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.