To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eaton, OH 45320
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Saw Operator & Material Coordinator
TIMKENSTEEL • Eaton, OH
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TimkenSteel is a newly independent company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We create high-performance, customized steel that helps customers push the bounds of what's possible. At our St. Clair Plant, we're at the leading edge of technology for the automotive and industrial markets. Our focus is on creating products that go into the cars we drive every day - value-added, precision steel components for transmissions, engines and steering systems. And our process lines demonstrate how lean thinking optimizes value to the customer and to TimkenSteel.
AFTERNOON & MIDNIGHT SHIFT OPENINGS
The purpose of this position is to perform material handling and operations of saws to include changing tooling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive and store materials and supplies, handle and move material, package and ship, and data entry to record these activities.
- Moves material using both a forklift and overhead crane.
- Operate saws as outlined in the work instructions and all other standard work documentation.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs of problems/breakdowns associated with the saws.
- Performs daily inspection tasks with a high emphasis on safety and quality; load and unload product and inspect product.
- Responsible for performing miscellaneous product inspections/sorts (e.g. de-burring product, use of dimensional gauges, perform visual inspections, etc.)
- Support and implement plant continuous improvement projects and problem solving efforts and develop an understanding of the St. Clair Plant's vision to meet business plan objectives and participate in plant teams.
- Flexible to work any shift assignment and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the operation of a forklift.
- Activities such as walking, stooping, climbing, bending, etc.
- Substantial time spent on manufacturing floor, significant time of feet and walking.
- Requires climbing into and out of material handling equipment (forklift/crane).
- Frequent handling of objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Stooping and lifting while performing material handling activities.
- Must be able to pass physical examine for Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) qualification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.