To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1000 Unisia Drive
Monroe, GA 30655
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Paint Line Operator (Multiple Shifts)
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas • Monroe, GA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We have several opportunities for Paint Line Operators in our Propeller Shaft assembly department for the A shift (Monday through Friday 6:50 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.), B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50 p.m. - 11:10 p.m.) and C shift (Sunday through Thursday 10:50 p.m. - 7:10 a.m.). You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Paint Line Operator performs all tasks involved in Paint Line operations at Hitachi Automotive - Georgia plant. This person follows work instructions and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Operate paint line equipment according to work instructions precisely to effectively perform operations. Prepare paint solvent mix for the paint line. Load and unload prop shafts to paint line overhead conveyor.
2. Check products and/or component dimensions with use of various indicators and gauges as described in procedures or work instructions.
3. Visually and manually check for defects in product or workmanship. Conduct reports such as In-process inspection, equipment verification standard, and production report etc.
4. Change simple parts and fixtures to facilitate changeover of product types.
5. Where appropriate, input data daily to maintain charts and reports to support manufacturing, engineering, quality, material control, and sales.
6. Maintain clean and orderly work area utilizing the 5S policy in all aspects of processes, procedures and daily activities.
7. In all processes and functions, comply with work instructions and procedures to ensure quality of products, which conform to TS and customer quality standards.
8. Use bar code system to report production.
9. Able to follow precise safety work instructions.
10. Suggest and implement continuous improvement programs.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of three (3) years manufacturing experience with preference in paint line operation. Prop shaft experience is required.
• Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work instructions precisely and prepare production reports.
• Basic math skills.
• Sufficient Manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
• Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operates machines, and visually inspects parts products.
• Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending.
• Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 25 pounds to shoulder height repeatedly.
• Physical ability to handle 55gal drum in and out of designated area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is very frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Work performed in a Plant environment. Employee must wear proper PPE while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas. Employee must also be flexible with his/her schedule. Irregular work hours may be necessary.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).