To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
Barnes Group • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 12 days ago
Barnes Group Inc. – Associated Spring, Milwaukee Division has an exciting career opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to play an integral role in our manufacturing operations. The right candidate should be self-driven, detail oriented, and have high quality standards with the ability to maintain a safe environment. If you are an individual with maintenance experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this position may be of special interest to you.
- Perform a variety of general maintenance activities related to maintenance and repair of production machines and equipment. Including disassembly, repair, or replacement of parts and reassembly of units.
- Perform general building repair and maintenance with basic knowledge of welding, electrical, pipe fitting, sheet metal work, heating and cooling system, hydraulics and pneumatics, etc.
- Alter equipment and machines including installation of guards, move, place, set and align equipment, and accessories such as belts, pulleys, pumps, sensors, motors and related equipment.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, grinders, etc. to make or modify repair parts and accessories.
- Perform, record, and document all preventative maintenance on all machines, equipment and facilities, and recognize potential repair problems.
- Assist or plan and lay out projects, methods and procedures and equipment to install new machinery, change plant layout, and machine guarding.
- Work from plant drawings, machine and equipment drawings, job layouts, sketches and detailed instructions.
- Actively participates continuous improvement activities to reduce waste, improve processes and products and set best practice standards
- Properly use all required safety equipment and devices and ensure support personnel are instructed how to operate equipment safely
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion and conform to all quality and safety procedures.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three or more years formal applicable trades training plus broad experience of one or more years.
- Knowledge and skill in carpentry, welding, sheet metal work, hydraulics and similar activities.
- Experience working from drawings, sketches, layouts and equipment specifications.
- Experience using a variety of hand and power tools, precision measuring devices, and test equipment.
- Ability to read and understand written or verbal specifications and instructions of a technical nature and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires sufficient reasoning ability to diagnose equipment problems and determine the cause and plans for repair.
- Requires the use of shop math including decimals and fractions, English and metric.
- General computer skills with potential to learn basic computer drafting skills.