To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10175
- Angela Kozlowski
- Phone: -212-9537400
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant - Nonprofit
Accounting Principals • New York, NY
Posted 20 days ago
Degree - None
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are seeking a Staff Accountant opportunity that will allow you to take on an integral role and contribute towards a broad range of accounting processes, including; month-end close, reconciliation and maintenance of all balance sheet accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable, then we are looking for you! You should have one to three years of post-graduate accounting experience and a strong interest working with a great nonprofit in New York, NY. This is an open ended temporary role looking to hire immediately.
What the job entails:
- Processing of vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Reconciliation of the sub ledger to the General Ledger at month-end
- Verify payments are made within established terms
- Posting of cash receipts, and review of aging to ensure timeliness of payments
- Provide assistance during preparation of month-end financial statements
- Reconciles bank accounts to ensure the completeness of all cash transactions
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Assist with various projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- 2 to 3 years of accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Nonprofit experience a plus, or strong interest in the industry
- Experience using Financial Edge, Fund EZ or related system
- Willing to jump in and help with any task needed to contribute to the success of the team!
If you are interested in the above listed Staff Accountant position in New York, NY please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Job ID: US_EN_5_20686_56445009
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.