To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3 Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
- Chelsea Courtney
- Phone: 617-574-8200
- Phone:: 617-574-8223
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Services Coordinator
KNF&T, Inc • Boston, MA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A healthcare facility in Boston, MA is seeking a Patient Services Coordinator to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide a broad level of administrative support to a physician, medical practice or clinic for patient care and administrative activities. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Patient Services Coordinator:
- Schedule patient office appointments; coordinating with others as appropriate
- Refer patients to appropriate hospital departments for registration, referral and financial services as needed
- Obtain, provide and maintain medical records in support of patient visits, surgeries, billing and other needs
- Arrange and/or provide information and visit support to patients and their families, such as distributing maps, information regarding procedures and interpreter services
- Prepare for patient visits by placing appointment and surgery reminder calls, organizing patient files and printing forms and ensuring physician and office is prepared to provide for patient visit or surgery
- Completes all aspects of patient checks-in in a courteous manner
- Complete procedures to check-out patients as they exit exam rooms, including scheduling appointments and testing
- Provide and coordinate office support to meet physician needs
- Provide and coordinate patient appointments to include processes related to cancelled appointments and reminder notices
- Interact with physicians, nurses, and administrative staff to coordinate care of patients, obtain referrals, provide feedback, answer questions, etc.
- Organize materials and information for processing of invoices and reimbursements, updating and communicating on-call schedules and for use in presentations made at national meetings
- Establish and maintain databases for practice and physician use
- Arrange for outside visitors, medical students, etc. as requested by physician
- Cross cover other staff members, e.g. breaks, lunches, vacations, during variations in work flow as needed
- Arrange patient surgeries by scheduling pre-surgery appointments and testing
- Use EPIC to schedule surgeries electronically
- Work with primary care and specialty offices to obtain patient historical data, reports, imaging studies, lab results or other information necessary for the coordination and completion of the surgery and patient care
- Ensure patients receive pertinent patient education information about their surgeries
- Work effectively and efficiently with insurance companies to obtain pre-authorization for any and all surgical procedures
- Maintain files to incorporate surgical information in paper and electronic patient and office files
- Schedule post-operative appointments and testing
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge regarding third party insurance, managed care and financial services and resources available to patients
- Organize and forward patient and procedure information for billing
- Create and maintain billing information, updating patient and hospital records
- Investigate and resolve billing matters utilizing advanced knowledge and skill related to insurance coverage, referral management, insurance company procedures and billing process
- Provide statistics and reports on patient volume, procedures and other financially related data
- Serves as a resource regarding billing procedures and collections
Requirements for the Patient Services Coordinator:
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Secretarial Certificate or Associate’s Degree
- Equivalent and additional secretarial/administrative experience may be considered in place of education
- Minimum of 3-5 years of secretarial experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Typing 55 to 65 WPM, including use of dictaphone
- Exceptional computer skills (including word processing, database, electronic mail, internet, and spreadsheets) required
- Knowledge of EPIC and other systems at a level sufficient to perform job.
- Good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology
- In-depth understanding of all pertinent medical insurances, managed care and patient financial services
- Knowledgeable and compliant in all hospital, State and Federal regulatory requirements, including hospital policy and procedures (where applicable to the performance of the job), Joint Commission (JC), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship