To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- King of Prussia, PA
- First Quality Enterprises Inc.
- Phone: 864-437-2213
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Transportation
First Quality Enterprises, Inc. • King of Prussia, PA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
First Quality Enterprises, Inc. (FQE), founded in 1988, is a global multi-billion dollar privately held company with over 4,200 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. FQE is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. FQE focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, FQE is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Director of Transportation for our First Quality Consumer Products business. This position will be located in King of Prussia, PA.
- The Director of Transportation is a critical role in the Supply chain organization and is responsible for delivering costs savings, elevated customer experiences and strengthening of our relationships with our transportation partners.
- This position leads the transportation functions for First Quality including the contracting, execution, network modeling, and service of all interplant and outbound freight.
- This position will be responsible for the overall strategy and operations performance, this entails setting direction for the entire transportation team, thought leader in innovations, multi modal strategist, sourcing strategies and identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships.
- The Director will be accountable for leading best practices to the overall work processes, analytics, delivery methods, service and sustainability efforts as well as leading and executing the cost savings projects across the network.
- The Director will play a key role in the staff development and insure that individuals are able to grow and advance within the organization as well as develop a sustainable succession plan for the future.
- The Director will lead the Transportation annual operating plan and manage and monitor cost performance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain the overall strategic plan and associated deliverables for the Transportation function, both domestic and international, carrier strategy, mode, carrier type, systems / IT requirements, and fuel management.
- Lead best practices identification with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Ensures solid linkages exist between internal functions and partners, including Customer Service, Planning, Legal, Procurement, Sales, Plant / DC Operations, and Finance,
- Accountable for the Transportation procurement process in accordance with our customer service requirements while concurrently evaluating the impact / recommendation of rates for both delivered and customer pick-up freight.
- Develop Logistic Service Programs that delight our customers and provide value to both companies
- Manage carrier relationships and performance over a range of key performance indicators, such as on time performance, load acceptance, trailer pool compliance, data compliance, CSA ratings and cost (including localized fleet and shuttle providers). Insure First Quality is a Partner of Choice for our providers.
- Corporate owner for the business execution of the Transportation Management System (TMS) including base functionality, continuous improvement development / mods, and freight payment management
- Be the 'expert' in Transportation law and regulatory requirements, industry trends and best practices, technology solutions, customs brokers and cross border, and customer requirements, proactively managing risks and opportunities in each
- Accountable for the overall performance and management of TMS functions, including reporting, , organization and system interfaces, carrier set-up (compliance and training), routing guide development, and custom reporting / dashboards, among others.
- Accountable for the successful design (business requirements) and validation of business required modifications.
- Transportation lead for the monthly S&OP process, including guidance on sourcing decisions (freight cost related and lead time), market impacts (capacity), and warehouse implications.
- Lead risk mitigation strategy for the department that minimize the impact of potential operational disruptions and risk.
- With Finance Partners leads the development of the annual Transportation budget process, and monthly budget variance analysis, directing the Logistics Analysts on modeling and cost reconciliations.
- Management of multiple cost savings projects - scope definition, planning, documentation / vetting, timeline execution, and leadership of cross functional teams
- Leads the ideation process for the design, development, and supports implementation of network modeling activities and results.
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of system tools. Direct experience with SAP and / or other enterprise systems is required.
- Coach, develop, train, and lead a team of Transportation professionals in the delivery of the Transportation and Supply Chain goals & objectives, as well as participates in the broader Supply Chain succession planning process.
Results / KPI's
- Service - On time performance, lead time compliance,
- Financial - Budget performance:
- Transportation - (cost per case, % of sales, $$) for transfer, inbound, and customer freight, CPU rate allowance, routing guide compliance, vehicle fill, IM conversion, and fuel
- Distribution - (cost per case, % of sales, $$) productivity performance, and customer claims / returns
- Commercial - Carrier / warehouse operations performance reviews, quarterly face to face business reviews, semi-annual review of rates and contracts, executing mini-bids and contract revisions as needed.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related discipline (Transportation, Warehousing, etc.)
- MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong supply chain and logistics knowledge and familiarity with general manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution flow and operation
- Ability to develop new vendor relationships
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to influence members of cross functional teams, strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Minimum of 20+ years' experience working in the Transportation / Warehouse industry, with Planning and other Logistics proficiencies preferred. Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end supply chain strategy is fundamental to this challenging role.
- Experience in industry trends and best practices for carrier and 3PL environments. Must have experience in procuring (purchasing) freight, and leading / driving freight bids across national accounts, as well as execution of warehouse 3PL sourcing and governance.
- This role may require up to 25% travel.
- This position reports to the Director, Supply Chain
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
Equal Opportunity Employer