Greyhound Corporate - Dispatcher
- Ensure efficient driver operations through interaction with drivers, field operations personnel, field management and corporate management.
- Advise Dispatch and Network Managers of operational problems and use discretion and sound business judgment to solve dispatch-related issues which adversely impact bus operations and coordinate and implement solutions.
- Assign work to drivers in accordance with real-time business needs, contractual requirements, Company procedures and good business judgment.
- Assign buses and manpower to solve real-time overload situations and efficiently schedule operations consistent with business needs.
- Mediate and resolve dispatch-related driver conflicts and issues and coordinate resolutions with Dispatch Manager.
- Take action to remove drivers from service and recommend disciplinary action if warranted
- Advise Customer Service, Maintenance and Driver Operations field staff regarding availability of drivers and buses.
- Perform dispatch duties, including assisting with and researching driver pay disputes
- Maintain current knowledge on all contract terms and interpretations and correctly apply collective bargaining agreement.
- Attend management meetings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
- Experience dealing with internal and/or external customers and problem resolution preferred.
- Dispatching experience preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written and exercise active listening skills.
- Ability to exercise considerable diplomacy, judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal customers and company departments.
- Proven ability to exercise positive and effective customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate well on the telephone.
- Must exercise ability to make quick decisions and solve problems.
- Experience working with a collective bargaining unit in order to comply with contract obligations and guidelines.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills, be empathetic, possess good listening skills and be able to take discipline where required.
- Must have the ability to make sound employee relations and operational decisions.
- Must be detail oriented and analytical.
- Knowledge of BOSS, EXCEL and WORD. Knowledge of Driver Planning System and Driver Pay System helpful.
- Working knowledge of United States geography required.
- Basic mathematics skills required.
- Ability to work day, evening or night shift, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required and Bachelor’s degree in communication, transportation, or general business preferred.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 7624
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1914, Greyhound Lines, Inc. is the only national provider of intercity bus transportation across North America. It has become an American icon, providing safe, enjoyable and affordable travel to millions of passengers each year. The Greyhound running dog is one of the most-recognized brands in the world.
While Greyhound is well known for its regularly scheduled passenger service, the company also provides a number of other services for its customers. Greyhound Courier Express service offers value-priced same-day and early-next-day parcel delivery to thousands of destinations. And the company's Greyhound Travel Services unit offers charter and tour packages for businesses, conventions, schools and other groups at competitive rates. Being a part of the largest ground transportation carrier in North America is not just a job—it’s a career. Our goal is to provide the opportunity for anyone to travel throughout North America with safety, dignity and convenience. Greyhound is a great place to work and offers competitive pay plus excellent health benefits and 401k plan.
COMPANY QUICK LOOK
View the full profile
- Carries 24.8 million passengers every year, covering 6.2 billion passenger miles
- Operates throughout North America
- Destinations in 48 US states and 10 Canadian provinces / territories
- Operates 2,300 buses
- Serves 2,300 destinations, including around 180 Greyhound terminals
- Employs 8,000 people